Hey Stitch Trilogy fans! I wanted to take a moment to introduce you to an awesome feature of Goodreads that you may not already know about – Goodreads Lists!
What are Goodreads Lists?
Goodreads Lists are user-generated lists of books that anyone can vote on. They’re often themed by genre or subject matter, and can range from broadly helpful and informative (“Best Young Adult Dystopian Novels“) to very specific (“Kick Ass Female Heroines in Paranormal Genre“) to a little out there (“Titles of Only One Syllable“). You can view popular lists or search all the lists on Goodreads by going to Explore > Listopia from your Goodreads account homepage dashboard (or by clicking this link).
Why should I care about Goodreads Lists?
There are a few reasons. First, I’m a big fan of Goodreads Lists as reader b/c they are *invaluable* in helping me find recommendations for new books (even with very specific criteria like “Speculative New Adult Fiction“). Not sure what to read next? Search the Goodreads Lists database for a genre you enjoy or check out the “Lists with This Book” section on any book’s Goodreads page, and within seconds you’ll have hundreds of options suggested by like-minded readers to choose from.
Secondly, as an author, I love Goodreads Lists even more b/c they help get my book in front of readers who probably otherwise would never have come across it. As many of you know, I’m about to have a baby and will likely be scaling back my book promotion for the next few months, but I’m hoping that if Stitch and Shudder appear towards the top of some of some lists, new readers will find them even if I’m not shouting from the rooftops for a couple weeks.
So if you’re a reader, Goodreads Lists are an easy (and fun!) way to both find more great books and really help out the writers you love most – and believe me, us authors (especially independent ones!) need as MUCH help as we can get in the marketing department! :-)
How do I vote on a Goodreads List?
It’s simple! Here’s an example of how to vote for Stitch and/or Shudder, but you can of course enter a different search term to vote for any book:
- Navigate your web browser to the desired list (find one here or see some suggestions below *wink wink*)
- Click the Add Books to This List tab at the top of the page
- Type “stitch durante” into the search bar and click Search (note: you can search either your own bookshelves or the entire site – switch using the “Add books from: my books or a search” link on the left)
- When Stitch and Shudder come up, click Vote for This Book on one or both of them
- Search for other books or find another list, and repeat!
I strongly encourage all Goodreads users to take advantage of this feature to help you find new stuff to read, and also to help your favorite authors reach more loyal readers like you! If you’d like to vote for Stitch and Shudder (I’d be honored!!), here are a handful of lists which could be good options (though a vote on *any* list is always appreciated!):
- If You Like The Hunger Games Then You Will Like…
- If You Loved The Hunger Games…
- Best Dystopian Books for Teens
- Best Young Adult Dystopian Novels
- Great Dystopian Reads
- YA Dystopias Since The Hunger Games
- Speculative New Adult Fiction
- Best Science Fiction With a Female Protagonist
- Self Published Young Adult Books
- Best Indie YA/New Adult Books
Have fun browsing the lists and voting for your favorites! I hope you find some *GREAT* new reads – and of course, I REALLY REALLY appreciate any votes you happen to throw towards the Stitch Trilogy while you’re at it. :-)